15.6.09

15-0!

Well I don't know about the rest of you but once the carnage reached 9-0, that was it for me. Turned it off in disgust. Not just because the ace was getting bitch-slapped. Not just because it was the Yankees. Not just because it was less than two days after a sure victory was dropped by Castillo. But because of the disgust at the futility of watching. The Mets and colossal disappointment all over again.


The season on a thread...

And let's face it, most worrying of all, the final nail in the coffin on the 2009 season still hasn't been hammered; there's still the inevitability of Santana disappearing down the DL with a long or season-ending injury. That 6.50 ERA over the last six starts is no mirage rather a familiar set of circumstances; mysterious, horrific outings generally seem to lead directly to the DL for Mets pitchers this season. Not to mention the injury bug they've already experienced to date. This just seems like it will happen any day and you can be sure the Mets front office will keep horrific news like that hush hush for as long as humanly possible. I hope I'm wrong but with Mets, always choose the worst of all options and you've got a pretty good shot at being right.

And of course there's Sheffield's impending MRI, another disaster waiting to happen.

It's not looking good for the lads, to say the least.

And oddly, there's no anger left. Just resignation, no Wow.

4 comments:

jdon said...

Wow! Now I am really depressed.

Jaap said...

the result, the photo of the hanging or the song?

jdon said...

oh, the result of course. I get the gist of it. Hey, I know what's important.

Jaap said...

well I'm glad somebody does, I'm not so sure any more. That's the first time I've shut it down, mid-game, all season.