18.5.06

The Delusional Spin

I'm trying to think of a good way to put this...

Lose two of three in Philly. Lose two of three in Milwaukee. Lose two of three in St. Louis.

Hey, at least we're consistent.

For those voyeurs who read this blog for the photos, sad announcement: no photos today, I'm in mourning for my earlier optimism.

Unlike humanity, the baseball world is very black and white. You win or you lose.

In humanity, you might lose but be a nice person. In baseball no one gives a fuck and well they shouldn't. Winning matters and that's the only thing that matters. It doesn't matter that these were road games. It doesn't matter that the Mets got their symbolic one victory of three and avoided getting swept. It doesn't matter that half the rotation went pear shaped and DL'd. It matters that not one time out of these three did they win the series.

Yeah, it's important to remember that this is what they call a marathon not a sprint and perhaps that's what Braves fans are thinking.

But for me, the Mets started fast and had the division by the throat and slowly they are loosening their grip. Bad move.

I know the score and result of today's game. I didn't read the nuances, I'm not going to get hard thinking about how many runs Jose Lima DIDN'T give up. I'm going to know the end result. Loss, again, two of three. And hope the Mets bounce back against the feckin Yankees.

And that would be sweet if we did and that would make all the little pains go away but I'm not banking on it just yet.

We're back to square one: Good team but can they be a good enough team?

Do the Mets have what it takes?

I'll leave you to it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel as though I've let the world down.